Tuesday 27 January 2009

On the road again... (just can't wait to get on the road again)

Tsugi wa, Yamagata!

The views from the train towards Yamagata were amazing and even though the shinkansen was going pretty fast, the mountain ranges in the distance completely blew me away.

I arrived in Yamagata just after midday. So, with map in hand and a bus schedule from the hotel, i headed over to Zao Mountains to see the famous Juhyos. These snow monsters did not disappoint, and my only regret was that I couldn't stay to see them being lit-up in the evening. The last bus back to Yamagata left at five, so I only had a couple of hours to absorb the sites. I took as many photos as I could (which, for me, was somewhere in the hundreds... though not all of them came out as well as I'd hoped) but it was just too cold to stay outside for long.

Here are some of the highlights:

No comments:

Post a Comment